The next 3D Printer World Expo will take place at the Hyatt Regency Bellevue, in Bellevue, Wash., on Aug. 22-23.
The announcement comes on the heels of an enormously successful inaugural Expo in Burbank, Calif., at which nearly 3,600 attendees toured the sold-out exhibit floor filled with leading-edge 3D printing and imaging technology, and the largest assortment of 3D printers ever under one roof.
3DPW show runners expect the Seattle Expo to have an even deeper collection of 3D printing, imaging and design solutions from industry-leading suppliers as well as new startups. The exhibits will be complemented by more than 30 educational seminars and various networking opportunities for investors, entrepreneurs, professionals, educators, artists and technology enthusiasts, plus several attractions demonstrating the transformative nature of 3D printing across vast swaths of art and industry.
- The Great 3D Printer Giveaway – a dozen or more 3D printers will be awarded to attendees via random drawing, giving every attendee multiple chances to win a free 3D printer.
- A Content Creation Center – where professional digital artists will conduct live 3D modeling demos and help attendees make designs of their own.
- A Legacy Effects exhibit featuring 3D printed suits and other gear from Hollywood blockbusters such as Iron Man, Pacific Rim and other movies.
- A Buil3D Pavilion – featuring a fascinating display of never-before-seen architectural feats.
- A Museum and Art Gallery featuring the works of many of the world's leading 3D print artists including Gil Bruvel, Bathsheba Grossman, Joshua Harker and Kevin Mack.
- Three Concurrent Education tracks including:
- A Markets and Applications track for entrepreneurs, investors, business operators and others pursuing the competitive, operations and marketing advantages of 3D printing. Several case studies will be presented.
- A Design track for artists and other creative types featuring seminars on 3D modeling techniques, kit bashing, turning 2D designs into 3D prints, working with scans, and how to monetize all manner of art and designs with 3D printing technologies and service bureaus.
- A 3D Printing Tutorials track covering topics such as hardware and software fundamentals, 3D printing materials and applications, crowdfunding projects and how to start a 3D printing business.