ArchDaily has teamed up with re:3D (makers of the Gigabot) and Sketchfab to announce a new 3D printing challenge. Architects, students and aspiring artists worldwide are invited to use Sketchfab to create 3D models of classic buildings. Two winners will be chosen, one via a public voting system and the other by a panel of judges from ArchDaily. Both winners will receive a 3D printed model of their design.
Here are the contest details:
- Sign up for a free Sketchfab account here.
- Read the complete modeling guidelines.
- Use Sketchfab to create your own 3D model of any building listed in the ArchDaily Classics section.
- Upload your STL file using the instructions found in the middle of this page.
- When you upload your model please make sure you tag it "3DPC".
- You have until October 1, 2013 to submit your file.
- Public voting takes place October 2 - 6, 2013.
- Winners will be announced on October 7, 2013.
You can check out a video describing the contest below at about 1:27, or get full details on the ArchDaily website.