Solidscape, Inc., a Stratasys company, has announced the latest member of their 3Z series of 3D printers, the 3Z MAX. The company's fastest 3D wax printer yet, it is designed to offer productivity gains in the high-precision 3D printing market for direct manufacturing. Likely applications include jewelry manufacturing, industrial, medical and various other enterprises requiring great detail and fidelity. It is priced at $49,650.00.
"The 3Z MAX is the direct product of our Voice of the Customer program which focuses on customer satisfaction and product innovation," said Fabio Esposito, President of Solidscape. "Our customers said they wanted the precision for which Solidscape is known with increased performance. The 3Z MAX delivers both at a very affordable price."
The 3Z MAX is plug and print with automatic calibration. It features a user-friendly touchscreen interface and software that allows operators of any technical level to produce high-precision wax parts ready for casting. It uses Solidscape's 3Z Model and 3Z Support materials, offering extreme smoothness and accurate reproduction of intricate geometries with no ash, residue or thermal expansion. Support material is dissolved away using DeWax.
- Resolution: 5000 x 5000 dpi (197 x 197 dots/mm) in X/Y, 8000 dpi (158 dots/mm) in Z
- Accuracy: ± 0.001 inch/inch (± 25.4 micron/25.4 mm) X/Y/Z
- Layer Thickness: User selectable
- Build Envelope: 6" X 6" X 4" (152.4 X 152.4 X 101.6 mm)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, Ethernet, USB 2.0
- File Formats: STL and SLC
- Desktop footprint: 21.4" x 18" x 16" (558 x 495 x 419 mm)
- Weight: 75 lbs. (34 kg)