Ultimaker's open source 3D printing software solution, Cura, has been updated to version 13.04. The new release includes bug fixes and some minor additions.
- Fixed preference window failing to open properly on Mac.
- Fixed Mac “E steps preference” not being used in actual GCode.
- Fixed serial port settings not functioning for USB printing on Mac.
- Fixed bed temperature not working for Mac.
- Fixed objects turning black in some mirror & rotation uses.
- Fixed slicing objects with Russian filenames.
- Fixed saving projects in the project planner.
- Fixed, dual-extrusion slicing with 2 parts no longer stops at the lowest object.
- Fixed defaults to full screen.
- Improved installation on Linux.
- Added keyboard support to switch layers in slicing viewer.
- Default profiles (low/mid/high quality) have been tweaked for improved prints.
Cura is developed for the Ultimaker 3D printer, but it can be used with other RepRap-based designs. It offers printer setup, Marlin firmware updating, model scaling/positioning, configurable slicing, sending the GCode to the printer and other features. It is available for Windows, Mac and Linux.